Capitol Insight Joins GrayRobinson
TALLAHASSEE, FL – May 4, 2016 – GrayRobinson announced Dean Cannon's Capitol Insight, a statewide lobbying firm based in Tallahassee, has joined the firm. This makes GrayRobinson’s government relations and lobbying practice the largest such practice of any law firm in Florida and one of the largest groups of legislative and executive branch lobbyists in the state.
“Dean and his team will blend the power and experience of Capitol Insight into the statewide footprint of politically charged GrayRobinson,” said GrayRobinson President and Managing Shareholder Byrd F. “Biff” Marshall, Jr.
Capitol Insight was founded in 2012 by Dean Cannon, former Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives and former Shareholder with GrayRobinson.
Marshall continued, “Dean was with GrayRobinson for twelve years from 1995 until 2007. We are excited to have him back. He and his team, and the long-term relationships with decision makers and power players in the political field they bring, will be a tremendous asset to our clients.”
“This is an exciting new chapter for me and our team, and it reconnects me with many of the mentors and friends at GrayRobinson who positively influenced my legal and political career over the years,” said Cannon. “It's a tremendous opportunity to work with the most talented group of attorneys and lobbyists in the state.”
Cannon will serve as Statewide Chairman of Government Affairs and Executive Vice President of GrayRobinson.
In addition to Cannon, the union adds six highly experienced government relations professionals:
- Larry Cretul, former Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives from 2009 to 2010 and Marion County Commissioner from 1994 to 2002.
- Rheb Harbison, former senior lobbyist with a national law firm before joining Capitol Insight, and director of legislative and communication policy and research for the chief justice of the Florida Supreme Court.
- Cynthia Lorenzo, former Director of Florida’s Agency for Workforce Innovation and Department of Economic Opportunity, and former Secretary of the Department of Juvenile Justice.
- Richard Reeves, former campaign manager for current U.S. Senator Bill Nelson and veteran lobbyist who founded his own lobbying firm before joining Capitol Insight.
- Kirk Pepper, expert political strategist who has worked to elect officials ranging from local governments to members of Congress to President of the United States.
- Joseph Salzverg, former campaign manager and political consultant, and legislative analyst for the Florida House of Representatives.
“I am proud of what Dean, myself and our colleagues have accomplished with Capitol Insight,” said Cretul. “We look forward to combining our strengths with those of GrayRobinson to build an unparalleled level of service for a diverse array of clients.”
Read more here.